A strategic review of Al Jeer Port is being carried out during 2011, following the appointment of the new General Manager Capt Colin F.G. Crookshank, and a new Port Operations Manager, Tim Bomberg. It will define yearly objectives, roles, responsibilities and working practices throughout the organisation, some of which are already being implemented.
The board has approved a number of high level strategic objectives, against which:
1. All future change objectives will be measured
2. Al Jeer Port’s management team can measure its performance.
These high level objectives are:
1. People First – Staff, Port Users, Control Agencies, Authorities and other Stakeholders
2. Maintain financial stability of the port in the short, medium and long term
3. Grow the port in terms of economic value
4. Deliver excellence
5. Comply with all relevant legislation – both federal and international
6. Establish system of good governance
Some of the yearly strategic objectives for 2011 are:
1. Complete rebranding exercise for Al Jeer Port– to include launch of new website.
2. Ensure IT systems are of highest standards
3. Provide high levels of customer focus and service
4. Ensure high quality development and maintenance of infrastructure
5. Establish political liaison and port user groups
6. Ensure robust strategies, policies, safety management systems, plans and procedures are reviewed, developed and introduced in the areas of security, health & safety, marine operations, port operations, IT, financial, waste management/waste recycling and the environment.
7. Progress development of a RAK Ports Group to include Saqr Port, RAK Maritime City, Al Jeer Port, Al jeer Port and Al Khor Port.
8. Ensure high quality continuous professional development of staff through training, exercises and drills.